Thursday 14 January 2016

Evaluation question 3

QUESTION 3 - How did you use media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?


-CONSTRUCTION AND RESEARCH-
Blogging has been the most consistent use of technology displaying all of my research, planning and now evaluation. Below is examples of how i used different media's and inserted them onto my blog.



During the construction and research stages of the blog the main use of technology was the internet. Research was such a vital part of the process so it was important to be looking at the right websites and videos. Youtube was one of the strongest source of research. As we was able to get ideas of a conventional music video for our genre. Another website that came in handy for audience research was YouGovProfiler.co.uk which allowed us to have further research into our audience's preferences. 


 
 
 
As part of our pitch we made an Animatic Storyboard:
 





 

-PLANNING/ PROCESS -
During the process the main piece of technology we used was the DSLR camera. We stored all our videos on a memory card that were shot which then we transferred over to a group video drive so that we wouldn't be limited of space on the amount of video clips we could take. The quality of the camera was really sharp and in result of this we had crisp shots and not pixelated visuals. The DSLR Camera also had a setting allowing us to change how much light could go through the lens, this helped greatly with our lighting as most of our locations were dark.


I used photoshop to produce my Digipak, In the video below the process of making some of my Digipak is displayed:




Below are screen grabs of me working in Adobe Premier Pro and Adobe After Effects where i edited my videos. In Premier Pro we cut, edited and allowed our video to be in sync with the song. On After Effects we edited a mini green screen so that it appeared that the photo was being zoomed into.






I used Weebly to create my website, it provided templates and a structure for me to create my website Creating a website was time consuming and required an eye for detail.




We used Instagram to keep up LamieLDN's brand image and promote her single.




- EVALUATION-

For my evaluation I have used Camtasia 2, Emaze, video blogging from my ipad and video interviews. These methods of technology make the evaluation more stimulating and interesting.




No comments:

Post a Comment